Tuesday, April 7, 2009

First Things… Well not Exactly First but Close

If I were to have a grand design for this blog it would be to explore the political branch of the Objectivist philosophy. Though I might deviate from time to time, this focus and the practical application of Objectivism in the setting of a nation properly formed and governed is my intent.

This has always been the intent, but as I think of posts and topics and as I write I am brought back to earth by things I recognize as true and understand but which, to a newcomer could seem to be at best an assumption, at worst a subjective contrivance.

Now it is not my intent to go back to irreducible primaries each and every time I post so I would like to direct any newcomers to a couple of sites that can/do go into great lengths on the basics of all the branches of Objectivist philosophy.

I’ve found all of these links to be useful and informative and I hope they help…

Ayn Rand Institute – register for free for more access…
Ayn Rand Center for Individual Rights
Ayn Rand Lexicon
Objectivism Online – for a more informal venue (blogs, forum, chat)

Of course none of these can stand alone without the literary works of Ms Rand herself, both her fiction and non-fiction is amazing. I’d recommend starting with The Virtue of Selfishness and Atlas Shrugged.

I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment